Selecting items to copy cut and pasteCutting a file moves it from one location to another, removing the original. Copy will create a copy of the original.
Tips for selecting files
CTRL+A - will select all files in a Folder.
Using the Mouse and the CTRL key will allow you to select multiple individual files.
Using the Mouse and the Shift key will allow you to select a group of files.
To find a different self-help document, click here
Cut, copy and paste
Using My Computer, find the files that you want to copy or cut.
Here are two ways that you can cut, copy and paste:
1. Select the files you want to copy.
2. Right click on a selected file.
3. Select Copy or Cut from the menu.
4. Go to the location that you want the files in.
5. Right click in the folder you have selected.
6. Select Paste from the menu.
This same procedure could be done by using the shortcut keys instead of right clicking on the selected items (CTRL+C = Copy, CTRL+X = Cut, CTRL+V = Paste).
Electronic Student Services